Saturday, October 8, 2011

Thing 9 - Copyright and Creative Commons

Copyright:
I used an online copyright quiz from http://www.csus.edu/indiv/p/peachj/edte230/copyright/quiz.htm. I gave the quiz to my colleagues. We didn't do that well. The maximum score was 75% and the minimum was 33%. The mean was 52% and the median was 57%. The incorrect responses were almost equally split between things they thought should be illegal but weren't, and things they thought were legal but weren't. The upshot of this is that my staff has not had adequate training in copyright vs. fair use. My principal was one who took the quiz (neither the highest nor lowest score), so it should be easy to persuade him that we need a little refresher on this topic.

Creative Commons Example:
Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment