Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thing 10 - Digital Images

1. I used the FotoFlexer website to edit the picture below (http://fotoflexer.com/). I cropped the image, added a cartoon effect and a frame and glitter text.
Before
After
 I would use this kind of photo editing a lot with my yearbook staff. I could see the editors have a lot of fun putting effects on yearbook photos. We would have to be careful not to overdo it though, as this is such a fun thing to do. I don't know how much I would use this in my social studies classes, but I'm open to suggestions as to how others might use this. I'm not sure of the educational advantage of this compared to the time it might take to do the editing. I suppose students could find historical/cultural photos and create a comic book/sketch book that retells the event.

2. Here's a link to a Picasa page I set up so multiple people from multiple groups could upload pictures of our Middle School trip to Art Prize: https://picasaweb.google.com/118033297513059409515/ArtPrize2011?locked=true&feat=email#

1 comment:

  1. Bill - thanks for telling us a bit about how you would use these tools in your school. I agree that they are fun and and interest to pictures, but we have to be careful not to overdue the 'creativity' with some of theses tools, as they alter the experience pretty dramatically for the viewer.

    ReplyDelete